Saturday, April 12, 2014

Recorded Session (Navigate 2.1.2)


Many teachers may feel like these online tools are only resources that teachers who teach in virtual classrooms can use, but in my experience I've found that so many of these tools can be useful for a traditional classroom as we prepare students to be citizens in the 21st century.

One example of this usefulness is recording online lessons.  I had never recorded an online lecture until I completed this task, but in doing so I realized just how simple and easy it was to do.  I used BigBlueButton since I'd announced that it was my favorite of the synchronous learning tools in my previous post, and the experience was really interesting.  It wasn't hard to do (though I will admit that I watched a YouTube video on how to record the lecture) once I figured it out, and my mind is reeling over the many different ways I can use this tool in my traditional classroom.  (Lectures, grammar lessons, examples of how to annotate text, assessing a sample student essay, etc.)  


No comments:

Post a Comment