Friday, April 18, 2014

The Summative Assessment (Evaluate 1.1.3)

For reliable, valid, and secure tests, one resource that I use is USA Test Prep.  My school subscribes to the service, and I can take my students to the computer lab to complete the exams.  The questions are vetted and I can use the results to analyze individual student data or to analyze class data.  USA Test Prep's questions align with our Common Core standards, which ensures reliability.  I also have the option to author unique questions for my students if I determine a need that is not being met by the test itself.  Students can use the site to practice for upcoming state exams, play games, or to complete homework assignments as well.


For security, I can monitor my students while they take the test if it's in the classroom.  If my students were completing this assessment remotely, then I would make sure that they completed the test within a certain time window and that the time limit on the test was strict enough to curb the temptation of cheating.  Because students have to log in with an individual username, the test is more secure as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment